Email Terms of Service
The following terms and conditions apply to SUPERname Domain & Hosting email Services.
- Use of Microsoft Outlook Software
- SUPERname Domain & Hosting Exchange Mail accounts include licensing for Outlook Client Software. The license fee is included in the monthly SUPERname Domain & Hosting Service fee. Mailbox owners are permitted to install the software once on one PC for each Microsoft Exchange mailbox. Sharing of a single mailbox is not permitted unless additional licenses are purchased on a monthly basis for each user. If You cancel Your SUPERname Domain & Hosting Exchange Mail account You are responsible for uninstalling any Outlook software that is licensed to You as part of the SUPERname Domain & Hosting Service.
- Size of mailbox
- Each mailbox has a storage quota. This is in place to protect Your account and others from potentially large volumes of email sent to a single address that could materially affect the email system server. Additional storage can be purchased though Your control panel. It is the mailbox owner’s responsibility to ensure that his/her mailbox does not reach its allocated level. SUPERname Domain & Hosting cannot be responsible for email lost due to full mailboxes. You can check Your mailbox size from Your control panel.
- Service availability
- SUPERname Domain & Hosting monitors the server as a whole but does not monitor individual mailboxes. The Exchange server uses SMTP, a “store-and-forward” email protocol, to deliver outbound messages. This protocol does not guarantee immediate delivery of email messages. By default, the Exchange server makes a delivery attempt every ten minutes three times; after that the server will attempt message delivery every fifteen minutes. If there is no successful delivery attempt within twelve hours, a delay notification will be emailed to the sender. If there is no successful delivery attempt within two days, the message will be returned to the sender.
- SUPERname Domain & Hosting makes every reasonable effort to ensure mailbox security at all times. We do this through a combination of various network security policies, load balancing and redundant systems. We make every reasonable effort to ensure the integrity of data on SUPERname Domain & Hosting systems. On the rare occasions where there may be a problem with specific mailbox data, it is the mailbox owner’s responsibility notify to SUPERname Domain & Hosting . We cannot guarantee to restore data and we accept no liability for the loss of any such data.
- Server storage capacity
- Each Exchange account is allotted an aggregated storage capacity initially equal to the total storage capacity of each mailbox. This storage capacity is shared among all mailboxes and public folders within Your account; the quota cannot be exceeded. For an additional fee, You may increase Your account storage capacity at any time from within the control panel.
- Mailbox and Public Folder storage capacity
- In addition to the aggregate account storage capacity, each mailbox and public folder also has its own storage limit. When the storage capacity is reached on an individual mailbox or folder, the Exchange servers shall stop sending or receiving messages. SUPERname Domain & Hosting is not responsible for Service unavailability or data loss caused by any mailbox or folder exceeding its storage capacity. To prevent such occurrences, You can manage mailbox and public folder storage limits at any time from within the control panel.
- Anti-virus checking
- SUPERname Domain & Hosting installs anti-virus software on its email servers for all Advanced and Exchange mailboxes. This software is configured to check messages coming into the email server. If a virus is detected, the message is deleted. No notification is sent to either recipient or sender of the message. Messages sent between mailboxes on the SUPERname Domain & Hosting platform are not checked.
- Anti-SPAM message filtering
- SUPERname Domain & Hosting runs anti-SPAM software on its email servers for all Advanced and Exchange mailboxes. You can determine the levels of spam protection from within Your control panel.
- SUPERname Domain & Hosting also runs anti-SPAM software on outbound email from all mailboxes, and reserves the right to mark or delete any messages determined to be SPAM.
- Use of email account
- If SUPERname Domain & Hosting identify a mailbox or domain that is causing problems; we will either remove the offending mailboxes or change their settings to resolve the issue. In extreme cases, we will disable email or suspend all Services to the domain as appropriate.
- For details of what is not allowed by SUPERname Domain & Hosting and SUPERname Domain & Hosting spam/ illicit material policies please see SUPERname Domain & Hosting Acceptable Use Policy.
- Email retrieval and timescale
- SUPERname Domain & Hosting ‘ policy on maintaining stable data-transfer levels includes a deletion process for email as follows: (i) all mail in IMAP “Trash” folders will be deleted automatically after 7 days. Such mail is checked daily y; (ii) if a mailbox is not accessed for 60 days, either by POP or IMAP, all mail over 90 days old will be deleted automatically. This process will be repeated daily until the mailbox is accessed again; (iii) Root mailboxes that are not accessed for 90 days will have their quota reduced to 1MB automatically (with any existing mail over this new quota deleted). If the Root mailbox is accessed again, its quota will be increased back to the original allocation (Root mailboxes being Standard mailboxes). Note that after 90 days, the Root mailbox will have already undergone a cleanup after 60 days of inactivity. SUPERname Domain & Hosting does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any deleted mail.
Please note: by signing up for any of our services you agree to be bound by all SUPERname Domain & Hosting terms and conditions.